Updated: May 31, 2022
If you’re wondering what fudge is, wonder no more. Rumor has it that once upon a time there was this confectioner making a caramel recipe that failed and actually got “fudged”. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how fudge came about! Which means that fudge is definitely NOT a caramel. And fudge is also NOT a chocolate as not all fudge contains chocolate, in addition to the fact that the consistency of fudge is different from that of chocolate. What fudge is, in my humble opinion, is a candy of a class of its own.
Having personally been in the fudge-making business for 6 whole months now, these are my 10 top reasons to have fudge, or at least, the fudge made by Fudgee:
1. Chocolate fudge: chocolate comes from cocoa, which is a tree. That makes it a plant. Chocolate is salad!
2. Eating fudge puts you in a good mood.
3. When you eat fudge and are in a good mood, people around you enjoy you more. Hence fudge helps you make friends.
4. Dark chocolate orange fudge has vitamin C in it, and we all know the benefits of vitamin C!
5. Coffee fudge: caffeine in a bite. Enough said!
6. Peanut butter fudge is mostly made of, duh, peanut butter which is a protein-packed spread. So that’s your protein intake for the day!
7. Pistachio fudge: not only is it beautiful looking, but it has pistachios which are high in antioxidants.
8. Mistaka fudge : mastic has a lot of health benefits, some of which, if taken for a prolonged period of time (& obviously not just in a fudge 😉) are improving symptoms of indigestion, including stomach pain, upper abdominal pain, and heartburn.
9. White chocolate pistachio cranberry orange fudge: pistachio and orange benefits have already been covered, but man, aren’t cranberry benefits just the icing on the (fudge) cake! Not only do they improve digestion, but they actually help you lose weight!
10. Dark chocolate is less fattening, so eat chocolate fudge with the lights off!
Obviously, these are not medical facts but rather based on my personal observations and extensive googling of “facts”.
Wishing you a fudgeful day.
Rania Helou (aka FudgeeByRania)